The deal volume they represent even when comparatively lower from one period to the next, still enables us to grow our assets under management and there are leading indicator for us of the more stable fee streams that we expect to earn in future periods on a larger portfolio, that is the ongoing asset management fees and our special GP interest and a percentage of the cash flows of CPA:16 and CPA:17, which Mark DeCesaris, our CFO will discuss in a few minutes. Still structuring fees are variable and in the interest of enhancing revenue stability and predictability, we’ve made it a key strategic priority to reduce the percentage of total revenues that they comprise. We’ve been successful in accomplishing that so far by increasing our rent earning asset base.
One way to see this is to look at how much of the dividend is covered by AFFO that’s related only to real estate income. For example, AFFO from real estate alone year-to-date has been approximately $56.7 million, that’s up from $47.2 million last year, this same time by the way. And our Chief Operating Officer, Tom Zacharias will talk in more detail about this segment later on the call.
Now that $56.7 million in real estate AFFO compared to distributions of $46.2 million for a coverage ratio of 1.22 times compared with a coverage ratio for the first half of last year of about 1.1, which was based on both lower AFFO from real estate at $47.2 million and lower distributions, $42.7 million. So you can see that we’re comfortably covering our dividend with a more stable predictable portion of our revenue stream.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV