LOS ANGELES, Aug. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SIGGRAPH 2012- Vivante Corporation, a world-wide leader in graphics and GPU Compute technologies for handheld, consumer, and embedded devices, today announced the industry's first shipping products designed* to support the Khronos™ Group's next generation OpenGL® ES 3.0 API (application programming interface). Support of the new API will be offered in all GC Cores starting with the GC800 Series and higher. Vivante GC technology in mass production supporting OpenGL ES 3.0 can be found in Freescale's (NYSE: FSL) i.MX6 Quad application processor. Upcoming releases from Marvell's (NASDAQ: MRVL) PXA and Armada product lines and other previously announced Vivante licensees will also support the latest API.
OpenGL ES is an open, royalty-free, cross-platform 3D graphics API that is used in the majority of smartphones, tablets, and embedded systems. It is based on a subset of desktop OpenGL, enabling developers to create the latest and greatest 3D graphics effects across a wide range of operating systems and platforms. With support of the next generation OpenGL ES API, Vivante powered products balance leading graphics innovations with demands of application developers creating the next wave of captive content.
"As a promoter and contributor in the Khronos OpenGL ES Working Group, Freescale worked closely with Vivante and committee members to define the next generation graphics API, which is expected to offer highly advanced graphics innovations to current and upcoming mobile and consumer devices," said Rajeev Kumar, i.MX product line manager for Freescale Semiconductor. "With the official release of OpenGL ES 3.0 at SIGGRAPH 2012, we are pleased to announce that our i.MX6 Quad processor supports the new API feature set. Platforms built around i.MX6 Quad are available from many of our board partners for developers to start work on their ES 3.0 applications."Vivante GC Core features built around the OpenGL ES 3.0 specification include:
- Updating the shader and GPU pipelines to include support of occlusion queries, transform feedback, instanced rendering, support of four / eight render targets, and OpenCL – ES3.0 interoperability to simultaneously support multiple contexts of graphics and GPU compute.
- Support of new texture compression (ETC2 / EAC) and pixel formats included in the specification.
- Support of the latest GLSL ES shading language including signed / unsigned 32-bit and 16-bit INT and FP operations based on IEEE-754 precision requirements.
- Additional features include support for 3D textures, texture arrays, sRGB textures, R/RG textures, NPOT textures, FP textures, depth textures, vertex textures, seamless cube maps, and sampler objects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV