Quad/Graphics, Inc. (NYSE: QUAD):
- Generates second quarter net sales of $934 million.
- Achieves second quarter Adjusted EBITDA of $112 million and Adjusted EBITDA margin of 12.0%, as compared to 11.9% in 2011.
- Creates $60 million in second quarter Recurring Free Cash Flow and $167 million year-to-date.
- Repays $42 million in debt during the quarter and $132 million year-to-date.
- Completes integration of Worldcolor and confirms annual synergy savings of more than $275 million, exceeding original guidance of $225 million.
Quad/Graphics, Inc. (NYSE: QUAD) (“Quad/Graphics” or the “Company”) today reported results for its second quarter and year-to-date ending June 30, 2012. For full financial results, please see the accompanying information.
“We are pleased with the continued progress we have made to strengthen our balance sheet, maintain strong credit metrics and generate significant cash flow during a quarter traditionally impacted by lower seasonal volumes,” said Joel Quadracci, Quad/Graphics Chairman, President & CEO. “This past July marked the two-year anniversary of the Worldcolor acquisition and, with the closing of the second quarter, we also mark the completion of a successful integration process. In the end, we expect to exceed our original synergy guidance by more than 20%, achieving over $275 million of annual savings. Our one-time cost to achieve these synergies will be less than $225 million, well within the expected range of $195 million to $240 million, resulting in a ratio of approximately 80 cents of cost for every dollar of synergy. This represents a significant achievement for the Company and a proud moment for all employees who worked hard to merge these two leading companies together during a time of significant industry transformation and economic challenge.”Net sales for the second quarter were $934 million versus $977 million for the same period in 2011. Second quarter 2012 Adjusted EBITDA was $112 million compared to $116 million for the same period in 2011, and Adjusted EBITDA margin was 12.0% as compared to 11.9% in 2011. The quarterly results reflect expected volume and pricing pressures. Offsetting these impacts were incremental synergy savings totaling $21 million and lower selling, general and administrative costs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts