- Citrus Dropdown. ETP acquired a 50% interest in Citrus Corp. (“Citrus”) in exchange for approximately $1.9 billion in cash and $105.0 million of ETP common units. Citrus was reflected as an equity method investment in ETP's consolidated financial statements from the date of acquisition, March 26, 2012. In connection with this transaction, ETE also relinquished its rights to $220.0 million of the incentive distributions from ETP that it would otherwise be entitled to receive over 16 consecutive quarters.
- Propane Contribution. On January 12, 2012, ETP completed the contribution of its retail propane operations to AmeriGas Partners, L.P. (“AmeriGas”) in exchange for approximately $2.7 billion, consisting of cash and AmeriGas common units, which resulted in the recognition of a $1.1 billion gain on deconsolidation in ETP's consolidated financial statements during the six months ended June 30, 2012, and ETP's consolidated financial statements now reflect ETP's equity method investment in AmeriGas.
- Tender Offer. ETP used the cash proceeds from the Propane Contribution discussed above to repay borrowings under its existing revolving credit facility and to extinguish approximately $750.0 million in senior notes outstanding through a tender offer. As a result of the tender offer, a loss on extinguishment of debt of $115.0 million was recorded during the three months ended March 31, 2012.
Energy Transfer Partners Reports Second Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.