The AT&T (T) and Savvis rival reported revenue of $319 million, an increase of 29% on the prior year's quarter, and above Wall Street's forecast of $317.7 million. Currency pressures, however, impacted net revenue by $2.3 million compared to the same period last year.
Rackspace, which does not break out non-GAAP EPS, said it earned 18 cents a share on net income of $25.1 million, up from 13 cents and $17.6 million in the same period last year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 18 cents a share.
The stock was last quoted at $52.83, up 7.2%, on volume of nearly 100,000, according to Nasdaq.com."At the halfway point in the year, we have made a lot of progress on our plans to broaden our product and services portfolio while simultaneously managing a rapidly growing business," noted Rackspace CFO Karl Pichler, in a statement released after market close. "Keep your eyes open for more product announcements in the coming weeks and we look forward to updating you on our progress in November." The company's adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) was $112 million, an increase of 11.1% sequentially and 37% year-over-year. Rackspace, which is one of TheStreet's top cloud stocks, grew its total server count to 84,978 servers from 82,438 at the end of the prior quarter. Total customers grew to 190,958 from 180,866 over the same period. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV