RLJ Lodging Trust (the “Company”) (NYSE: RLJ) today reported results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012.
- Pro forma RevPAR increased 7.1%, ADR increased 5.2% and occupancy increased 1.8%
- Excluding renovation disruption, Pro forma RevPAR is estimated to have increased an additional 153 basis points to 8.6%
- Pro forma Hotel EBITDA margin increased 34 basis points to 36.2%
- Pro forma Consolidated Hotel EBITDA increased 8.3% to $83.6 million
- Adjusted FFO increased 22.4% to $55.6 million
- Acquired three hotels in gateway markets: New York City, the San Francisco Bay area, and the Washington D.C. Metro area for $182.7 million
- Refinanced an $85.0 million first mortgage loan
- Declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.165, or $0.66 on an annualized basis
- Completed a $25.0 million rooms renovation at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan New York City, which included adding five new guest rooms
“The second quarter marked another successful quarter for RLJ as we again delivered strong RevPAR and margin growth,” commented Thomas J. Baltimore, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer. “Additionally, we acquired three institutional grade assets that will enhance our portfolio and increase our presence in key gateway markets.”
Financial and Operating ResultsThis press release presents 2011 data that combines the financial and operating results of the Company’s predecessor entities prior to the consummation of the Company’s initial public offering (“IPO”) on May 16, 2011, and the results of the Company post-IPO. Pro forma RevPAR, Pro forma Hotel EBITDA, and Pro forma Hotel EBITDA Margin exclude non-comparable hotels that were not open for operation or closed for renovations for comparable periods. The prefix “pro forma,” as defined by the Company, denotes operating results which include results for periods prior to its ownership. An explanation of EBITDA, Adjusted EBITDA, Hotel EBITDA, FFO, and Adjusted FFO, as well as reconciliations of those measures to net income or loss, if applicable, is included at the end of this release. Pro forma operating statistics assume the Company owned all of its hotels, including the recent acquisitions, since January 1, 2011. Recent acquisitions are included for the full three and six months for each respective period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV