SKECHERS Foundation, a SKECHERS organization designed to support families and communities in need, announced that it partnered with Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda to host a day at Dodger Stadium on August 1 for members of the Friendship Circle, an organization dedicated to nurturing and inspiring the special needs community. The event included 100 children with special needs and their families, and five children with special needs were given the opportunity to join Lasorda down on the field with the current Dodger players before the first pitch.
The Dodgers event launched a community-wide campaign for the fourth annual SKECHERS Pier to Pier Friendship Walk – a Nickelodeon-sponsored Southern California event that raises funds for The Friendship Circle and education. Lasorda has co-hosted the Walk since its launch in 2009 and will co-host the 2012 Walk on October 28.
“The Friendship Circle has a special place in my heart. These kids give such joy and love, they change people’s lives. I know they’ve changed mine,” said Lasorda. “I’m so excited to take them to the place I love – and I can’t wait to be part of our next walk. The Pier to Pier Friendship Walk makes such a big difference for these kids every year, and for education too. I’d love for everyone at our games to join us and walk for our kids!”
“Going to a baseball game was one of my favorite memories as a kid – and there’s nothing like doing it with Tommy himself!” added Michael Greenberg, president of SKECHERS. “This is a day that these kids will cherish for the rest of their lives – and I’m so grateful to Tommy for helping us make this a reality, as well as all the years he’s hosted the Walk. It’s such a great way to tell baseball fans and our community about this event.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV