- Second quarter revenues were $2.69 billion, a 14% increase from the second quarter of 2011.
- Revenues included $277.5 million from seven weeks of operations of the former Flint Energy Services Ltd. (“Flint”), which URS acquired during the quarter. Flint revenues contributed approximately 12% in total revenue growth in the second quarter.
- Second quarter 2012 GAAP net income was $53.6 million, or $0.72 per share on a diluted basis, including charges related to the Flint acquisition.
- These charges included a pre-tax charge of $11.3 million (or $0.16 per share after tax) for acquisition-related expenses, and a pre-tax charge of $9.2 million (or $0.12 per share after tax) for foreign currency losses related to intercompany loans and foreign currency derivatives associated with the Flint acquisition. URS’ prior year second quarter results included $1.0 million of pre-tax acquisition-related expenses.
- Excluding these charges for both periods, URS’ net income for the second quarter would have been $74.7 million, a 10% increase from the second quarter 2011, and diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) would have been $1.00, a 15% increase from 2011.
URS Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.