URS Corporation (NYSE: URS) today reported its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2012, which ended on June 29, 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Second quarter revenues were $2.69 billion, a 14% increase from the second quarter of 2011.
- Revenues included $277.5 million from seven weeks of operations of the former Flint Energy Services Ltd. (“Flint”), which URS acquired during the quarter. Flint revenues contributed approximately 12% in total revenue growth in the second quarter.
- Second quarter 2012 GAAP net income was $53.6 million, or $0.72 per share on a diluted basis, including charges related to the Flint acquisition.
- These charges included a pre-tax charge of $11.3 million (or $0.16 per share after tax) for acquisition-related expenses, and a pre-tax charge of $9.2 million (or $0.12 per share after tax) for foreign currency losses related to intercompany loans and foreign currency derivatives associated with the Flint acquisition. URS’ prior year second quarter results included $1.0 million of pre-tax acquisition-related expenses.
- Excluding these charges for both periods, URS’ net income for the second quarter would have been $74.7 million, a 10% increase from the second quarter 2011, and diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) would have been $1.00, a 15% increase from 2011.
Commenting on the Company’s financial results, Martin M. Koffel, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated: “URS had another successful quarter, including the achievement of an important strategic milestone with the acquisition of Flint in May, which significantly expanded our presence in the oil and gas market, a longstanding priority for URS, and positioned us to benefit from greater North American energy independence. We now have an expanded range of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) capabilities in the oil and gas market across North America, and oil and gas is expected to contribute approximately 25% of our revenues in the second half of this year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV