- Total revenue was $27.2 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012, a 21.7% increase from $22.3 million for the three months ended June 30, 2011;
- EBITDA before non-cash compensation and non-recurring expenses for the three months ended June 30, 2012 increased to $4.3 million as compared to $1.8 million and $2.6 million for the three month periods ended June 30, 2011 and March 31, 2012, respectively;
- Average monthly crawler crane rental rates increased by $808 or 5.0% to $17,041 on a sequential quarterly basis, compared to $16,233 for the three month period ended March 31, 2012. On a year over year basis, average monthly crawler crane rental rate increased $1,694 or 11.0% from $15,347 for the three months ended June 30, 2011. Average monthly crawler crane rental rates are at their highest level since the first quarter of 2010;
- Excluding the impact of the levee project that was active in 2011, utilization of crawler cranes increased to 39.4% in the second quarter of 2012, compared to 34.8% for the comparable quarter in 2011;
- Utilization of rough terrain cranes increased to 67.6% in the second quarter of 2012, compared to 54.8% for the first quarter of 2012;
- Utilization of heavy tower cranes and elevator lifts increased to 55.1% in the second quarter of 2012, compared to 47.9% for the first quarter of 2012;
- New, used and rental equipment sales totaled $8.6 million for the three month period ended June 30, 2012, a 61.4% increase from $5.3 million for the three month period ended June 30, 2011; and
- Total debt decreased by $7.9 million over the six months ended June 30, 2012, due in part to the disposition of excess rental equipment at an average of 108.2% of Orderly Liquidation Value (“OLV”).
Essex Rental Corp. Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.