DOVER, Del., Aug. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) today declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.365 per common share. The dividend is payable October 5, 2012 to all shareholders of record as of September 14, 2012.
On May 2, 2012, the Board of Directors raised the quarterly dividend 5.8 percent from $0.345 to $0.365 per share. This represents an annualized dividend of $1.46 per share, up from $1.38 per share. The $0.365 quarterly dividend reflects the Board's continued confidence in sustainable long-term earnings growth.
2012 marks the 51 st consecutive year that Chesapeake has paid a dividend to its shareholders. In each of the 51 years, Chesapeake has either maintained or increased its annualized dividend.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified utility company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission and marketing; electric distribution; propane distribution and wholesale marketing; advanced information services and other related businesses. Information about Chesapeake Utilities Corporation and the Chesapeake family of businesses is available at http://www.chpk.com.For more information, contact: Beth W. CooperSenior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer302.734.6799
SOURCE Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV