KCP&L is announcing an additional $1 million in funding for its Connections programs to assist customers with their summer electric bills. These programs are designed to connect customers to company resources and community assistance programs to help them through difficult financial situations.
“This summer, our customers and communities are struggling with extreme heat. While we are proud that our system has held up well, and we have been able to meet all of our customers’ demand for electricity, we know the extreme weather is causing financial hardship for too many families,” said Terry Bassham, KCP&L’s president and chief executive officer. “Sometimes situations arise and it’s difficult to pay all or part of your monthly bill. We hope these expanded programs and services, offered through KCP&L Connections, will help customers manage their energy costs.”
The Connections programs include an expanded range of flexible payment options and a streamlined process for identifying and connecting those eligible to community assistance programs.
“Most assistance programs only help the poorest of the poor,” said Mike Montgomery, President of Working Families’ Friend, a regional assistance organization. “KCP&L’s Family Relief Fund is one of the first programs of its kind to recognize that there are many working families who still struggle to make ends meet. Thanks to KCP&L, thousands of working families in our region will have one less thing to worry about this summer.”KCP&L partners year-round with regional non-profit organizations to provide financial assistance to customers in need. Due to the impact of the extreme heat on current and projected utility bills, KCP&L’s new and expanded assistance programs include the following:
- KCP&L will double the match to Dollar-Aide, raising its match from $.50 to $1 for every $1 donated. This program lends a hand to area residents who need help paying their utility and water bills. Since 2007, KCP&L and our employees and customers have given more than $1.2 million in Dollar-Aide assistance. The program is administered by the Mid America Assistance Coalition. To contribute to Dollar-Aide, please visit www.kcpl.com/dollaraide.
- The new Family Relief Fund will provide families who qualify with up to a $150 credit on their KCP&L bills during the summer months. For more information, contact the local Salvation Army at (877) 566-2769, Ext. 416.
- KCP&L also launched Reconnection Relief, a new program that helps reconnect customers who were disconnected prior to the Hot Weather Rule taking effect. For more information about this program, please contact KCP&L at (800) 526-3348.
- KCP&L has made a request to the Missouri Public Service Commission to extend the current Economic Relief Program through the end of the year. This program, which was scheduled to expire in September, provides a monthly credit of $50 to individuals and seniors who qualify. For more information, contact the local Salvation Army at (877) 566-2769, Ext. 416.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts