Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® Hosts Second Annual "National Tax Preparer Recruiting Week"
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Aug. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, the nation's second largest tax preparation firm, today announced that it will host its second annual "National Tax Preparer Recruiting Week" from Monday, August 13, through Friday, August 17. The weeklong event is aimed at attracting both new and experienced tax preparers who are interested in seeking potential seasonal or full-time employment in Jackson Hewitt's nationwide system of tax preparation offices. For the upcoming 2013 tax season, Jackson Hewitt anticipates hiring more than 20,000 seasonal tax preparers throughout its system to meet client demand.
"Our tax preparers are the cornerstone of our business," stated Phillip H. Sanford, president and chief executive officer of Jackson Hewitt. "During our Recruiting Week, we will be providing information about employment opportunities to job seekers around the country and doing our part to support the local economies where we operate. We invite both prospective and experienced tax preparers to come in and meet with us, and to take full advantage of our Recruiting Week to explore the training and employment opportunities that we offer.
"This is a particularly important time in the tax preparer profession," continued Sanford, "as new IRS certification requirements are in the process of going into effect. Both new and experienced tax preparers can benefit from the outstanding education and training programs that we offer to advance their career in this exciting field. We look forward to meeting many interested tax preparers during our National Tax Preparer Recruiting Week."
The demand for well-trained, high-quality tax preparers remains high, as more than 71 million taxpayers turned to a paid tax preparer for assistance filing an annual tax return in 2012. To meet this demand, Jackson Hewitt offices nationwide hire, train and deploy a tax preparer workforce comprised of both year-round and seasonal employees. Jackson Hewitt is a leader in tax preparer development, with extensive training programs that support Jackson Hewitt's ongoing commitment to providing quality, accurate tax preparation services that meet the needs and expectations of its clients.Benefits of Becoming a Tax Preparer with Jackson Hewitt During the Jackson Hewitt National Tax Preparer Recruiting Week, job seekers will learn about the benefits of employment as a Jackson Hewitt tax preparer, including:
- Career building opportunities – The opportunity to join the Jackson Hewitt team is more than just a job; it's also about an employment opportunity in an industry that is always in demand, as well as a chance to work with a nationally branded company with stores in local neighborhoods;
- Flexible hours – The majority of Jackson Hewitt employees are seasonal workers who enjoy the flexibility of working part of the year, while being able to commit to family or other projects over the remaining months;
- Convenient, hands-on training – Each Jackson Hewitt tax preparer is required to complete courses offered through Jackson Hewitt Tax School, which provides a thorough introduction to tax preparation, as well as advanced courses for experienced tax preparers;
- Understanding of, and compliance with, federal requirements – Jackson Hewitt works to ensure its tax preparers are up-to-date on all IRS requirements, such as obtaining a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN), which is required to prepare federal tax returns for a fee, as well as preparing for and passing the new RTRP Competency Test in advance of the December 31, 2013 deadline;
- FREE continuing education opportunities – All Jackson Hewitt tax preparers are able to meet their annual continuing education credit requirements free of charge. We offer an extensive course catalog in each of the content areas required by the IRS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV