Monday, MKS announced a 7% increase in the quarterly dividend, to 16 cents per share, for an indicated yield of 2.4%. When I see companies raising dividends, it signals to me that management is confident about the future. A little confidence can go a long way, and the company's balance sheet is strong enough to see it to better economic times.
MKSI data by YCharts
Other tech-related names that are "double nets" include telecommunications networking product name Tellabs (TLAB) , which is currently trading at 1.2 times net current asset value.
Not currently profitable on a trailing 12-month basis, the company has $1.12 billion, or $3.05 per share, in cash and marketable securities, and $181 million in debt. Unprofitable technology companies are typically not my cup of tea, but given the large amount of cash and securities relative to the current price ($3.34), I'll be watching this one.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV