AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NIWeek – National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today introduced the world's first RF vector signal transceiver (VST), the NI PXIe-5644R, and with it, a new class of software-designed instrumentation. This software-centric architecture represents a new era in which engineers and scientists can use LabVIEW to tailor open, field-programmable gate array (FPGA)-based hardware for their specific needs.
"A quarter-century ago, NI redefined instrumentation with LabVIEW system design software, and now we are doing it again with our vector signal transceiver," said Dr. James Truchard, president, CEO and cofounder of National Instruments. "When we first started our company, we envisioned the central role software would play in instrumentation, and now we are truly seeing LabVIEW revolutionize the way engineers approach RF design and test."
"At Qualcomm Atheros, instrumentation flexibility and to-the-pin control are critical for keeping our RF test process as efficient as possible, and we're pleased with the performance gains we've seen when testing with NI's new vector signal transceiver," said Doug Johnson, director of engineering at Qualcomm Atheros. "The NI PXIe-5644R provides us freedom and flexibility in the way we develop our 802.11ac solutions for our customers, and has significantly improved our test throughput."Product Features
- Up to 6.0 GHz frequency coverage and 80 MHz instantaneous RF bandwidth
- Industry-leading performance for testing the latest wireless standards such as 802.11ac and LTE
- More than 10 times faster measurements than comparable solutions
- Can replace multiple traditional instruments at a fraction of the cost and size
- Built on FPGA technology programmable with LabVIEW
- Easily expands to support multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) configurations or parallel testing in a single PXI chassis
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV