- Confirmed presence and size of seeps prove migration and communication have taken place in the basin
- In 1989, the French laboratory Beicip, performed a detailed analysis which indicted the level of maturity was mature to over mature and the source was likely oil prone
- Silurian shales which are the major source rock in all the northern African basins are present and in communication with thick porous Ordovician sands
- Three reservoir systems are present in the basin with fair to good reservoir parameters (both clastic sediments and carbonates)
- An earlier gravity survey over the entire basin indicated sediments were present up to a depth of 4,000 meters and confirms Simba’s concession covers two basement deeps as well as the northwest flank
- The Bove basin’s tectonic style can form structures that produce traps capable of pooling large reserves
- The Cretaceous overlies the Devonian in the North West corner of Block 1 with many of the wells drilled in Guinea Bissau lying just to the north (of Block 1) encountered light oil staining in core and samples
Simba Energy Confirms Oil Seeps In Guinea
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.