SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks™ (NYSE: PANW), the network security company, today announced its next-generation firewall PA-500, PA-2000 and PA-4000 series solutions have been thoroughly tested and officially certified by ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon. Each next-generation firewall series was evaluated against and passed ICSA Labs Modular Firewall Product Certification Criteria version 4.1x for general purpose network firewalls, corporate category.
"Products under test at ICSA Labs must stand up to rigorous testing environments that our engineers have designed to replicate real-world enterprise networks," said Brian Monkman, Perimeter Security Programs Manager, ICSA Labs. "By meeting our corporate category certification requirements, Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls have demonstrated the ability to meet ICSA Labs' stringent security standards and also deliver strong risk-reducing security protections."
"Despite the ever-changing threat landscape, our goal is to ensure that our customers achieve consistent security and policy enforcement across the network," said Chris King, director of product marketing at Palo Alto Networks. "ICSA Labs certification reinforces the company's commitment to delivering continuous innovation in the next-generation firewall platform to our customers. As they evaluate their own network risk posture, we remain a constant in providing safe and secure enablement of network applications."
The Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) delivers visibility and control over application, users, and content within the firewall using a proprietary hardware and software architecture. The Palo Alto Networks NGFW platform addresses a broad range of network security requirements, from the data center to the network perimeter, as well as the distributed enterprise, which includes branch offices and a growing number of mobile devices.The NGFW series tested and certified by ICSA Labs include:
- PA-4000 Series: Ideally suited for high speed Internet gateway deployments within enterprise environments. These high performance platforms are tailor made to provide enterprise firewall protection at throughput speeds of up to 10 Gbps using dedicated processing for networking, security, content inspection and management. The Palo Alto Networks PA-4000 Series uses a 10 Gbps backplane to smooth the pathway between processors, and the physical separation of data and control plane ensures that management access is always available, irrespective of the traffic load.
- PA-2000 Series: Designed for high speed Internet gateway deployments within large branch offices and medium sized enterprises to provide network security and threat prevention. Delivers next-generation firewall security using dedicated processing and memory for networking, security, threat prevention, URL filtering and management. Further, the PA-2000 series, uses a high speed backplane to smooth the pathway between processors and the separation of data and control plane helps maintain management access availability, irrespective of the traffic load.
- PA-500: delivers next-generation firewall security to Internet gateway deployments within medium to large branch offices and medium sized enterprises. The PA-500 protects enterprise networks using high performance processing and dedicated memory for networking, security, threat prevention, URL filtering and management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV