Coeur d'Alene Mines Corporation (NYSE:CDE, TSX:CDM) produced 4.9 million ounces of silver and 63,047 ounces of gold during the second quarter, which resulted in $254.4 million in sales, $88.4 million in operating cash flow, 1 and a $47.1 million increase in cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments to $200.3 million.
The Company expects to achieve the high-end of its 2012 silver and gold production guidance of 18.5 - 20.0 million silver ounces and 210,000 - 230,000 gold ounces. The Company also expects to achieve the low-end of its 2012 guidance for cash operating costs 1 per silver ounce of $6.50 - $7.50.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Silver production totaled 4.9 million ounces, equal to first quarter 2012 levels.
- Gold production totaled 63,047 ounces, up 44% from the first quarter.
- Net metal sales totaled $254.4 million, up 24% from the first quarter.
- Operating cash flow 1 totaled $88.4 million, down 6% from the first quarter. Including changes in working capital, net cash from operating activities totaled $113.2 million compared to $17.0 million in the first quarter.
- Consolidated cash operating costs 1 totaled $6.41 per silver ounce, up slightly from the first quarter.
- Cash operating costs 1 per gold ounce declined 50% from the first quarter to $1,348 and are expected to reach $900 by year-end.
- Adjusted earnings 1 totaled $28.0 million, or $0.31 per share, compared to $41.5 million, or $0.46 per share, in the first quarter. Net income totaled $23.0 million, or $0.26 per share, compared to $4.0 million, or $0.04 per share, in the first quarter.
- Announced a share repurchase program of up to $100 million of the Company's common stock and finalized a $100 million, four-year revolving credit facility.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments totaled $200.3 million as of June 30, 2012, $47.1 million higher than March 31, 2012.
“The Company is performing according to plan, which is leading to strong financial performance,” said Mitchell J. Krebs, Coeur's President and Chief Executive Officer. “The Board of Directors' authorization in June to repurchase up to $100 million of the Company's common stock reflects our confidence in the Company's underlying cash flow and the long-term value the Company represents for shareholders,” he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV