iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT), a leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, today announced that Frank Wilson has joined the company as senior vice president and general manager of its Defense & Security business unit. Wilson will focus on strategic business development and product development to ensure iRobot is meeting today’s military, civil defense and security needs. Tim Trainer, the previous acting interim general manager, will continue on as vice president of programs.
iRobot appoints former BAE Systems Vice President, Frank Wilson to lead Defense & Security business unit. (Photo: Business Wire)
With 25 years experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry, Frank Wilson most recently served as sector vice president of business development and mission applications for Electronic Systems at BAE Systems where he directly contributed to new business growth valued at over $10 billion. With revenues of $4.2 billion in 2011, BAE Electronic Systems consists of six business units and is the world leader in electronic warfare, identification friend or foe (IFF) products and wide area surveillance solutions. He previously held positions in engineering and product development, providing him with a strong knowledge base relating to the electrical and mechanical subsystems found in iRobot’s life-saving robotic technologies.
“As was said on the second-quarter earnings call, U.S. government funding and program delays continue to negatively impact our expectations for the Defense & Security business unit,” said Jeff Beck, chief operating officer of iRobot. “Frank has a wealth of experience leading a business, driving business development and transforming organizations in both favorable and declining defense budget environments. We look forward to his contributions and leadership as iRobot develops new technologies to address the growing role robots have in special operations and infantry missions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV