According to new survey data from Constant Contact®, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTCT), the challenge of attracting new supporters is keeping 64% of nonprofits up at night. While the Constant Contact 2012 Nonprofit Pulse Survey revealed nonprofit concerns related to cash flow and staff levels, it also revealed that 58 percent find social media marketing an effective marketing tool that can be deployed to address these concerns.
What’s Keeping Nonprofits Up at Night
When it comes to running their organizations effectively, nonprofits are concerned about attracting new supporters and connecting more effectively with existing supporters. When asked what keeps them up at night:
- 64 percent said how to attract new supporters.
- 59 percent said how to connect and better engage with existing supporters.
- 57 percent said getting funding.
Management and measurement of marketing activities were also addressed:
- 34 percent said having a more integrated communication strategy.
- 22 percent said how to make marketing dollars go further.
- 20 percent said how to measure the impact of marketing campaigns.
- 88 percent said Facebook.
- 5 percent said Twitter.
- 3 percent said LinkedIn.
- 1 percent said Google+; 1 percent said YouTube.
- 57 percent said social media marketing.
- 36 percent said email marketing.
- 35 percent said website.