Six Months Ended June 30, 2012 Operating Results & Highlights
|YTD 6/30/12||YTD 6/30/11|
|Revenue||$321.4 million||$310.3 million|
|Gross Profit||$43.9 million||$47.2 million|
|Gross Profit Margin||13.7%||15.2%|
|Operating Income||$19.3 million||$24.3 million|
|Net Income attributable to Great Lakes||$5.5 million||$4.1 million|
|Per Diluted Share||$0.09||$0.07|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$35.6 million||$41.9 million|
Revenue & Gross Profit
- Year to date revenue increased primarily due to the increase in second quarter revenue; however, gross profit margin was down due to weather impacts and lower dredge utilization during the 2012 first quarter.
- Operating income was down in the first half of 2012, due to lower gross profit. In addition, in the second quarter of 2011 the Company sold an outdated, underutilized hopper dredge, which generated cash proceeds of $6.6 million and resulted in a gain of $2.1 million.
Net Income Attributable to Great Lakes
- Net income attributable to Great Lakes for the first six months of 2012 increased despite lower operating profit. The first half of 2011 included debt restructuring expense of $5.1 million resulting from the issuance of the $250 million of 7.375% senior notes.
- 76%, or $20 million, of the beach nourishment projects awarded;
- 96%, or $53 million, of the capital projects awarded;
- 16%, or $34 million, of the maintenance projects awarded; and
- 42%, or $24 million, of the rivers & lakes projects awarded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV