Sypris Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: SYPR) today reported financial results for its second quarter ended July 1, 2012.
For the Second Quarter:
- Revenue and gross profit increased 16% and 63%, respectively, from the second quarter of last year.
- Earnings from continuing operations increased to $0.25 per diluted share, up from a loss of $0.08 per diluted share for the prior year period.
- Gross margin increased to 13.4%, up 390 basis points from 9.5% in the second quarter of 2011.
- The Company was added to the Russell 2000 Index effective June 22, 2012 as a result of the annual reconstitution of Russell’s family of indexes.
- Subsequent to quarter end, the Company announced the election of Robert F. Lentz, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense and Chief Information Security Officer for the U.S. Department of Defense, to its Board of Directors.
- Revenue and gross profit increased 21% and 58%, respectively, compared to the first six months of last year.
- Earnings from continuing operations increased to $0.52 per diluted share, up from $0.05 per diluted share for the prior year period.
- Gross margin increased to 13.2%, up 310 basis points from 10.1% for the first six months of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV