Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMED), a leading home health and hospice company, today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Three-Month Periods Ended June 30, 2012 and 2011
• Net service revenue of $378.5 million compared to $368.4 million in 2011, an increase of $10.1 million or 2.7%.
• Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc., of $8.0 million compared to $22.9 million in 2011, a decrease of 65.1%.• Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc. per diluted share of $0.27 compared to $0.79 per diluted share in 2011, a decrease of 65.8%. • Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization attributable to continuing operations (“EBITDA”) of $25.6 million compared to $49.6 million in 2011, a decrease of 48.4%. Six-Month Periods Ended June 30, 2012 and 2011 • Net service revenue of $749.3 million compared to $727.7 million in 2011, an increase of $21.6 million or 3.0%. • Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc., of $14.5 million compared to $39.9 million in 2011, a decrease of 63.7%. • Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc. per diluted share of $0.48 compared to $1.38 per diluted share in 2011, a decrease of 65.2%. • EBITDA of $48.8 million compared to $88.9 million in 2011, a decrease of 45.1%. William F. Borne, Chief Executive Officer stated, “We are encouraged by our results for the quarter and are on pace to meet our plans for the year. The organizational changes we have implemented are showing positive returns. We continue to focus on providing excellent care to our many home health and hospice patients while navigating cost pressures and reform legislation. There are many opportunities in front of us and we are positioning Amedisys to capitalize on those prospects.” 2012 Guidance • Net service revenue is anticipated to be in the range of $1.490 billion to $1.525 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV