Demandware®, Inc., (NYSE: DWRE) a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Total revenue for the second quarter was $18.4 million, a 43% year over year increase from $12.9 million in the second quarter of 2011
- Subscription revenue for the second quarter was $15.2 million, a 47% year over year increase from $10.4 million in the second quarter of 2011
- 124 live customers and 445 live sites at June 30, 2012
- Conducted Second Annual XChange Customer Conference
“Our positive business momentum continued into the second quarter of 2012,” stated Tom Ebling, Chief Executive Officer of Demandware. “We are very pleased that large, rapidly growing retailers, such as Finish Line, embraced our unique SaaS business model while well-established retailers and branded manufacturers, such as L’Oreal and Theory, continued to experience strong growth on the Demandware Commerce platform. We plan to continue to invest in sales and marketing and research and development to capitalize on the strong fundamentals of our business and the opportunity we see for ecommerce solutions in the cloud.”
- Demandware signed significant new customers during the quarter including Finish Line, Ethan Allen, Godiva, Picard Surgeles, the Apparel Group, Crabtree & Evelyn and London Drugs.
- Leading retailers such as Summit Sports, Medipolis and vineyard vines were among the companies that launched new initial sites on the Demandware Commerce platform during the second quarter.
- The company also experienced site expansion with its existing customers (such as Mothercare, Perry Ellis and Diane von Furstenberg) launching ecommerce sites in new geographies or for new brands.
“Our investments in sales and marketing continued to pay dividends during the quarter,” stated Scott Dussault, Demandware Chief Financial Officer. “With the execution of our land and expand strategy and with our key customer wins during the first half of 2012, many of which are large enterprise scale retailers and branded manufacturers, we are confident that the company is poised for growth in 2013 and beyond.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV