Gaylord Entertainment Company Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
“We achieved an occupancy level of just over 79 percent in the second quarter, a nearly six percentage point increase over the second quarter last year. Along with increases in outside-the-room spending, our occupancy results helped drive solid revenue growth of nearly 7 percent in the second quarter. This translated into a RevPAR increase of 7.5 percent and a Total RevPAR increase of 6.7 percent. As a result of both our revenue growth and our continued efforts to drive efficiencies throughout our business, we delivered solid profitability growth in our hotels and our Gaylord Hotels CCF Margin 4 increased 40 basis points.”
Segment Operating Results
Key components of the Company’s hospitality segment performance in the second quarter of 2012 include:
- Gaylord Hotels RevPAR increased 7.5 percent to $136.75 in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $127.20 in the prior-year quarter. Gaylord Hotels Total RevPAR increased 6.7 percent to $318.72 in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $298.84 in the prior-year quarter.
- Gaylord Hotels CCF increased 8.3 percent in the second quarter of 2012 to $74.4 million compared to $68.7 million in the prior-year quarter. Gaylord Hotels CCF Margin increased 40 basis points to 31.9 percent in the second quarter of 2012 compared to 31.5 percent for the same period last year.
- Gaylord Hotels attrition that occurred for groups that traveled in the second quarter of 2012 was 6.7 percent of the agreed-upon room block compared to 10.3 percent for the same period in 2011. Gaylord Hotels in-the-year, for-the-year cancellations in the second quarter of 2012 totaled 14,997 room nights compared to 16,916 in the same period of 2011. Gaylord Hotels attrition and cancellation fee collections totaled $1.7 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $2.9 million for the same period in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV