Gleacher & Company, Inc. (Nasdaq: GLCH) today reported net revenues of $44.6 million, net loss from continuing operations of ($60.8) million, or ($7.6) million on a non-GAAP basis, and diluted loss per share of ($0.51), or ($0.06) on a non-GAAP basis for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. A reconciliation of the Company’s GAAP results to these non-GAAP results is discussed below under “Non-GAAP Financial Results.”
- Continued actions consistent with previously announced long term strategic plan
- Substantially rebuilt MBS & Rates business unit
- Added experienced professionals to Credit Products unit
- Reduced balance sheet usage including adjustments to repo book
Thomas Hughes, Chief Executive Officer, said, “One year ago, after my arrival, we announced a strategic plan to better position Gleacher & Company for profitability and meaningful returns for all stakeholders. We described the major building blocks of the plan, including: a cultural shift to foster coordination among business units; growing our Investment Banking capabilities to include additional industry verticals; assembling best in class content and problem solving skills in particular business units; and achieving significant expense reductions, especially regarding our compensation to revenue ratio. We stated that the plan would take time to implement, and that the roadmap for implementation included critical mileposts. One year later, we have effected a great deal of change against that roadmap: we have recruited new leadership for two business units who are experienced professionals, aligned with our cultural values; we have upgraded our staff, and we are delivering more relevant content and a deeper skill set to our clients; we have reduced expenses by exiting unprofitable activities, and through adjustments to our compensation practices; and we have repositioned our balance sheet so that it is more easily understood. That said, we still have work to do regarding our Investment Banking division, and we continue to analyze our ClearPoint options.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV