MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS), a leading provider of government services worldwide, today reported financial results for its fiscal third quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Key highlights include:
- Revenue for the third quarter grew 12% to $266.4 million compared to the same period last year.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share from continuing operations totaled $0.62 for the third quarter.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $168.9 million at June 30, 2012.
- Sales pipeline reached a record level of $3.4 billion at August 3, 2012.
- The Company successfully completed a large change order that was previously expected to occur in the fourth quarter and contributed approximately $10.2 million in revenue in the third quarter.
Revenue for the fiscal 2012 third quarter increased 12% to $266.4 million compared to $238.3 million for the same period last year, driven by growth in the Health Services Segment and revenue from the PSI acquisition that closed on April 30, 2012. Compared to the same period last year, revenue increased 13% on a constant currency basis and organic revenue grew 2%.
Third quarter GAAP income from continuing operations, net of taxes, totaled $20.5 million, or $0.59 per diluted share. Adjusted diluted earnings per share from continuing operations totaled $0.62 and excluded net legal and acquisition related expenses. The tax rate in the quarter was higher than anticipated due to a larger mix of revenue from higher tax rate jurisdictions in the United States and tempered earnings by approximately $0.03 per diluted share.During the quarter, MAXIMUS signed a change order to modify the scope of work on a large health program and reimburse the Company for work performed in prior periods. The change order was previously expected to occur in the fourth quarter and contributed approximately $10.2 million in revenue and $0.10 of diluted earnings per share in the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV