For the second quarter of 2012, actual net variable power costs (“NVPC”) were approximately $5 million below baseline NVPC. NVPC for the year ending December 31, 2012 is currently estimated to be slightly below the lower deadband of the PCAM. As the Company’s 2012 earnings are not expected to exceed the regulated earnings test, no estimated refund to customers was recorded as of June 30, 2012. For the second quarter of 2011, actual NVPC was approximately $9 million below baseline NVPC. For the second quarter of 2011, PGE recorded an estimated refund to customers of $8 million for a total refund of $12 million as of June 30, 2011, as a $4 million refund was recorded in the first quarter of 2011.
2012 Earnings Guidance
PGE’s 2012 earnings are expected to be within the guidance range of $1.85 to $2.00 per diluted share. Guidance is based on the following assumptions:
- Retail energy deliveries approximately 1% higher than weather adjusted 2011 levels, excluding certain paper customers that do not significantly impact the Company’s gross margin;
- Improved hydro generation and power supply operations;
- Wind estimates based on wind studies completed in connection with the permitting of the Biglow Canyon wind farm;
- Operating and maintenance costs in line with budget and estimated from $105 million to $110 million per quarter; and
- Capital deferrals of $17 million for the current year, with $8 million reported in the first half of 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Earnings Call and Webcast — August 7, 2012PGE will host a conference call with financial analysts and investors on Tuesday, August 7, 2012, at 11 a.m. EDT. The conference call will be webcast live on the PGE website at www.PortlandGeneral.com. A replay of the call will be available beginning at 2 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 through Tuesday, August 14, 2012. Jim Piro, President and CEO; Maria Pope, Senior Vice President, Finance, CFO, and Treasurer; and Bill Valach, Director, Investor Relations, will participate in the call. Management will respond to questions following formal comments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV