Granite City Food & Brewery Ltd. (NASDAQ: GCFB), a casual dining restaurant group, today reported results for the second quarter ended June 26, 2012.
Highlights were as follows:
- Total restaurant sales increased 26.4% to $30.4 million for the second quarter of 2012 from $24.0 million in the second quarter of 2011
- Total restaurant sales increased 25.1% to $59.0 million for the first half of 2012 from $47.1 million in the first half of 2011
- Same store sales (SSS) increased 1.5% and 1.7% in the second quarter and first half of 2012 over the comparable periods of 2011, respectively
- Restaurant-level Income Before Occupancy (“IBO”) increased $1.8 million and $3.7 million in the second quarter and first half of 2012 over the comparable periods of 2011, respectively
- Company recorded approximately $1.9 million and $3.5 million in Adjusted EBITDA in second quarter and first half of 2012, respectively
- Restaurant guest counts at our comparable restaurants increased 1.6% and 2.6% in the second quarter and first half of 2012 over comparable periods in 2011, respectively
“It’s been a busy and exciting first half of the year. We are very pleased with our continued restaurant growth and our related financial performance,” said Robert Doran, Chief Executive Officer of Granite City. “The company continues to smoothly integrate Cadillac Ranch, and in May, we were happy to close on the Cadillac Ranch restaurant in Pittsburgh. That restaurant is performing above expectations at this point in time.
“During the quarter, we also opened our new Granite City Food & Brewery prototype in Troy, Michigan. So far the restaurant has exceeded our expectations and is operating at the highest sales level of any restaurant in the Granite City portfolio. The redesigned bar space has helped drive a higher liquor mix than our average Granite City restaurant and has increased the enthusiasm throughout the building. We look forward additional openings of this prototype in Franklin, TN and Indianapolis, IN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV