Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as individual investors, today announced that the Nuveen Maryland Premium Income Municipal Fund (NYSE: NMY) and Nuveen Virginia Premium Income Municipal Fund (NYSE: NPV) have each declared an additional, post-merger distribution. This distribution follows the recently announced merger for each fund, which was successfully completed before the market open on August 6, 2012 (click here for merger announcement).
The distribution amounts declared below ensure that shareholders will not experience a reduced monthly tax-exempt distribution amount. When combined with pre-merger distributions, declared July 24, 2012 payable October 1, 2012, all shareholders from funds participating in these mergers will receive a total dollar amount equal to or greater than the tax-exempt income declared by their original fund in the previous month. To view the pre-merger dividend declaration, please click here.
The following dates apply to today's distribution declarations for the following Closed-End Funds:
|Record Date||August 16, 2012|
|Ex-Dividend Date||August 14, 2012|
|Payable Date||October 1, 2012|
|Reinvest Date||October 1, 2012||Distribution Per Share|
|NMY||Nuveen Maryland Premium Income Municipal Fund||.0438|
|NPV||Nuveen Virginia Premium Income Municipal Fund||.0188|
In addition, Muni-Term Preferred (MTP) shares of acquired funds were replaced by newly issued shares of MTP from the acquiring fund with substantially similar terms. The initial distribution for these new MTP shares is prorated for the period August 6, 2012 through August 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV