Currently, the Company is operating 37 drilling rigs; 7 of these rigs are drilling Yeso wells on the New Mexico Shelf, 19 are drilling in the Texas Permian, 10 are drilling in the Delaware Basin and 1 rig is drilling Lower Abo wells in the New Mexico Shelf. Included in the 37 operated rigs, the Company is currently running 15 horizontal drilling rigs, including 10 in the Delaware Basin, 1 in the Texas Permian and 4 on the New Mexico Shelf.
For the remainder of 2012, the Company expects to operate an average of approximately 33 rigs, including 13 horizontal drilling rigs. Of the total 33 rigs, 7 will drill Yeso wells in the New Mexico Shelf, 17 will drill in the Texas Permian and 9 will drill in the Delaware Basin. The Company expects this level of activity is sufficient to invest the remainder of its $1.5 billion annual capital budget and produce 28.7 to 29.8 MMBoe in 2012 as previously guided.
New Mexico Shelf
During the second quarter of 2012, the Company drilled or participated in 93 wells (78 operated) on its New Mexico Shelf assets, which included both Yeso and Lower Abo wells, with a 100% success rate on the 47 wells that had been completed by June 30, 2012. In addition, during the second quarter of 2012, the Company completed 60 wells that were drilled prior to the second quarter of 2012.At June 30, 2012, on its New Mexico Shelf assets, the Company had identified 2,470 drilling locations, including locations associated with the Three Rivers acquisition, with proved undeveloped reserves attributable to 680 of such locations. Of these 2,470 drilling locations, 1,559 target the Yeso formation vertically, 369 target the Yeso formation horizontally, 111 target the Lower Abo formation and the remaining drilling locations target other objectives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV