TSR, Inc., (Nasdaq:TSRI) a provider of computer programming consulting services, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter ended May 31, 2012.
For the quarter ended May 31st, revenue increased 7.3% from the same quarter last year to $11.6 million. Net income (loss) attributable to TSR decreased from income of $92,000 in the prior year quarter to a loss of $48,000 in the current quarter. Additionally, net income (loss) per share decreased from income of $0.04 to a loss of $0.02.
For the year ended May 31st, revenue increased 14.9% from last year to $45.2 million. Net income (loss) attributable to TSR decreased from income of $197,000 in the prior year to a loss of $62,000 in the current year. Additionally, net income (loss) per share decreased from income of $0.10 to a loss of $0.03.
Joe Hughes, CEO, stated, “Our revenue increase of 7.3% for the fourth quarter was overshadowed by the net loss for the period. The increase in revenue resulted primarily from the average number of consultants on billing with customers increasing from 252 in the quarter ending May 31, 2011 to 266 in the quarter ending May 31, 2012. The net loss was primarily attributable to an increase of cost of sales as a percentage of revenue. The increase in cost of sales as a percentage of revenue resulted from far more demanding client specifications, billing rate reductions and other competitive pressures. These increased competitive pressures have negatively impacted our gross profit percentages, which pressures were evidenced in the current quarter by rate and margin reductions at several of our major financial services customers enacted in the third fiscal quarter. In addition, the increased expenses associated with hiring and training junior technical recruiters and the increase in expenses associated with the hiring of new sales professionals contributed to the net loss.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV