CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF):
Second Quarter Highlights
- Record quarterly net earnings attributable to common stockholders of $606.3 million, or $9.31 per diluted share, compared to earnings of $487.4 million, or $6.75 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2011.
- Record quarterly earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of $1,054.4 million compared to $889.2 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Repurchased 3.1 million shares for $500 million.
First Half Highlights
- Record net earnings attributable to common stockholders of $974.7 million, or $14.81 per diluted share, compared to earnings of $769.4 million, or $10.66 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- Record EBITDA of $1.8 billion, compared to $1.5 billion in the prior year period.
- Record net sales of $3.3 billion, compared to $3.0 billion in the prior year period.
- Record sales volume of 7.7 million tons, including record 6.7 million tons of nitrogen products.
Capital Deployment Update
- Increased potential investment in nitrogen capital projects to approximately $2.0 billion from $1.0 - $1.5 billion.
- Approved new share repurchase plan of up to $3.0 billion through December 31, 2016.
- Announced agreement to purchase Viterra’s interests in Canadian Fertilizers Limited (CFL) for C$915 million.
- High 2013 corn planting expectations, strong global demand, tight domestic nitrogen supply and favorable natural gas costs provide a positive operating environment for the remainder of 2012 and into 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV