NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- In the smartphone wars, he who has all the revenue calls the shots, at least for now.
According to tech-focused news site The Verge, Apple (AAPL) is reportedly dropping Google's (GOOG) YouTube from its next mobile operating system, iOS 6, as the license deal between the two companies has expired.
But fear not YouTube fans, Google is reportedly working to make a new YouTube app that will be available in the App Store.
YouTube has been a featured app on the iPhone since its launch in 2007.This isn't the first time Apple has fired a shot at Google. The Cupertino, Calif.-based company announced in June that it would be replacing Google Maps as part of iOS 6 with its own proprietary mapping system, Apple Maps. Prior to his death, former Apple CEO Steve Jobs vowed to show Google's Android operating system as a copycat of iOS and use all of the company's cash to defeat it. "I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this," Jobs told his biographer, Walter Isaacson, prior to his death. There was a mixed reaction on social media to the announcement. One Twitter user thought it might be spite, considering Apple's past with Google. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV