Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ:BCOR), a provider of industry-leading online search and digital tax preparation solutions for consumers and business partners, today announced that it has appointed tax industry veteran Lance Dunn to serve on its Board of Directors.
“We are pleased to welcome Lance to the Blucora Board of Directors,” said John Cunningham, Chairman of the Board of Blucora. “Lance is a seasoned technology professional with an accomplished history in consumer tax preparation and software development. Lance was instrumental in building the TaxACT software business. His knowledge and expertise align well with Blucora and he will help support the continued growth of TaxACT.”
“This is an exciting time to join the Blucora board as the Company is successfully executing on its strategy to diversify and grow its businesses,” said Dunn. “TaxACT is well positioned in digital do-it-yourself tax preparation, and I look forward to leveraging my experience to help the Company expand its position even further.”
Lance Dunn has more than 28 years of experience in the tax preparation industry, serving most recently as CEO of the TaxACT business prior to its acquisition by Blucora in January 2012. Mr. Dunn co-founded the TaxACT business in 1998. Prior to that time, he was Vice President of Software Development at Parsons Technology, Inc., where he played a significant role in the development and growth of Parsons’ tax program, Personal Tax Edge. He previously served as an accountant for Ernst & Young and TLS, Inc. Mr. Dunn is an alumnus of Coe College and is a Certified Public Accountant. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Entrepreneurial Development Center, a community sponsored non-profit business accelerator in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV