THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today reported financial results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2012.
|For the Three Months|
|(in millions, except per share data)||Ended June 30,|
|Net Sales - GAAP||$||133.7||$||195.2|
|Net Sales - Non-GAAP||$||38.5||$||141.2|
|Net Income (Loss) - GAAP||$||15.4||$||(38.4||)|
|Net Loss - Non-GAAP||$||(23.3||)||$||(64.4||)|
|Diluted Earnings (Loss) Per Share - GAAP||$||2.00||$||(5.63||)|
|Diluted Loss Per Share - Non-GAAP||$||(3.41||)||$||(9.42||)|
- Q1 Non-GAAP net sales were $38.5 million, above guidance of $25 - $30 million.
- Q1 Non-GAAP net loss per share was ($3.41), better than guidance of ($4.00) – ($4.50). Net loss per share amounts for the current and prior period were adjusted for the 1-for-10 reverse split of the company’s common stock effected on July 5, 2012.
- A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results is provided in the accompanying financial tables, and a supplemental consolidated reconciliation can be found at http://investor.thq.com.
“We have made significant progress reshaping the company. With the changes implemented over the last several months, we are in a much better position today to deliver on our pipeline of games, beginning with Darksiders ® II, which launches next week in North America,” said THQ Chairman and CEO Brian Farrell. “We are also pleased to have new management on board at THQ, led by President Jason Rubin, who brings tremendous experience to the company and has a proven track record of bringing multi-million unit sellers to market; Jason Kay, a fifteen-year media and entertainment industry veteran, as Chief Strategy Officer; and Ron Moravek, a seasoned creative development executive who has co-founded and led several technology businesses, including one of our most successful studios, Relic Entertainment, as EVP, Production. Jason Rubin and his new team bring an entrepreneurial approach to our game slate as we seek to maximize the value of our intellectual properties and evolve our business in the face of our increasingly digital future.”
Fiscal 2013 First Quarter Highlights and Recent Developments
- THQ announced it would transform development of the standalone expansion Saints Row ® : The Third – Enter the Dominatrix™ into a full-fledged, full-priced sequel, with far greater potential to generate stronger results over the long term. The sequel is currently scheduled for release in calendar year 2013.
- The company’s digital revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 were $13.4 million, or 35 percent of non-GAAP net sales.
- THQ’s line-up featured at the Electronic Entertainment Expo ("E3") garnered 29 awards from more than 67 nominations across the portfolio for upcoming titles such as Darksiders II, Company of Heroes ® 2, Metro: Last Light and South Park ™ : The Stick of Truth ™ , which won a prestigious Game Critics Award “Best of E3” for best RPG.
- The company transferred its license to develop future video games based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship ® (UFC), which resulted in a cash payment to THQ by the licensor. THQ will continue to publish its existing UFC console and mobile titles through March 31, 2013.
|Darksiders® II||Console, PC||August 2012|
|WWE® ’13||Console||October 2012|
|Company of Heroes® 2||PC||Q4 FY13|
|Metro: Last Light||Console, PC||Q4 FY13|
|South Park™: The Stick of Truth™||Console, PC||March 2013|
- During the fiscal first quarter, the company recorded approximately $4.5 million in non-GAAP business realignment expenses, which include cash costs of approximately $0.7 million related to severance and other employee-related costs, and non-cash impairment charges of approximately $4.3 million related to decisions made to cancel or reconfigure titles.
- stock-based compensation expense,
- certain deferred revenue and related costs,
- business realignment and related expenses,
- capitalized interest, and
- other significant charges and benefits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV