CHICAGO, Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: FR) ("First Industrial" or the "Company") announced today that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of 9,400,000 shares of its common stock.
The Company intends to use the proceeds for general corporate purposes, which may include repayments or repurchases of debt and acquisition and/or development of properties. Completion of the offering is subject to customary closing conditions.Citigroup and UBS Investment Bank are acting as the book-running managers for the common stock offering. The shares of common stock are being offered under the Company's shelf registration statement, including a prospectus, previously filed by First Industrial with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and automatically deemed effective, on March 1, 2012. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus. Copies of the prospectus supplement, when available, and the accompanying prospectus relating to these securities may be obtained without charge from Citigroup by mail at Attention: Prospectus Department, Brooklyn Army Terminal, 140 58th Street, 8th floor, Brooklyn, NY 11220, by telephone at 1-800-831-9146 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or from UBS Securities LLC, by mail at Attention: Prospectus Department, 299 Park Avenue, New York, New York 10171, or by telephone at 1-888-827-7275. A copy of the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus may also be obtained without charge by visiting the SEC website at www.sec.gov. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV