The Company signed 92 new and renewal leases representing 190,000 square feet during the second quarter of 2012, primarily with service oriented entrepreneurial tenants that required less than 3,000 square feet in multi-cultural neighborhoods, which drives premium rents. A summary of leasing activity is shown below:
- An 18% increase in total number of tenants to 963 from 813 for the same period 2011;
- An increase of 19% in the number of new and renewal leases signed: 92 in the second quarter of 2012 versus 77 in the same period of 2011; and
- Signed 190,000 square feet in new and renewal leases, with an average size of 2,060 square feet as compared to a total of 266,000 square feet and average size of 3,458 square feet in the same period of 2011.
Community Centered Properties TM Portfolio Statistics
As of June 30, 2012, the Company owned 46 Community Centered Properties TM with approximately 3.6 million square feet of gross leasable area, including two development land parcels, located in five of the top markets in the United States in terms of population growth: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix and Chicago.
The Company's strategic efforts target entrepreneurial service oriented tenants that target the neighborhoods within three to five miles from each Community Centered Property TM. These tenants tend to occupy smaller spaces (less than 3,000 square feet) and, as of June 30, 2012, provided a 60% premium rental rate compared to the Company's larger space tenants. The Company currently services 963 tenants throughout its portfolio. No single tenant accounted for more than 1.5% of the Company's annualized base rental revenues as of June 30, 2012. The tenant base mix is diversified to Drive Traffic and Drive Value TM with service offerings concentrated in medical, educational, casual dining and convenience services.Balance Sheet The Company owned 20 properties unencumbered by debt as of June 30 2012, with an undepreciated cost basis of $121 million. The total undepreciated values of the Company's real estate assets and real estate indebtedness were $305 million and $140 million, respectively, as of June 30, 2012. As of June 30, 2012, 65% of the Company's debt was fixed-rate and the Company's weighted average interest rate for the quarter was 5.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV