- The commercialization of new game themes contributed to 6,146 global new units shipped in the June 2012 quarter, including a 16% increase from the prior year in the U.S. and Canada to 4,672 new gaming machines driven by a near-quarterly record 3,900 replacement units.
- Game conversion revenues rose year over year reflecting the sale of approximately 5,500 kits in the June 2012 quarter compared to 2,100 kits in the prior-year period, bringing total shipments in fiscal 2012 to 19,900 kits compared to 8,200 kits in fiscal 2011. Annual unit sales of conversion kits rose to nearly 95% of annual new gaming machine unit sales in fiscal 2012 compared with 34% in fiscal 2011, and represented approximately 27% of the nearly 75,000 cumulative Bluebird®2 and Bluebird xD ™ gaming machines sold life-to-date globally.
- Launched the first two slot games powered by WMS’ next-generation CPU-NXT ® 3 platform – the Aladdin & the Magic Quest® game featuring unique synchronized motion of the chair with the game play and the Super Team® game featuring player-customizable superheroes made possible by WMS’ award-winning Player’s Life® Web Services. These new games, along with several other new participation themes, drove a 172 unit quarterly sequential increase in the quarter-end participation installed base at June 30, 2012 and a 135 unit quarterly sequential increase in the average installed footprint.
- Entered into agreement to launch My Poker® video poker games by 2012 calendar year-end at Station Casinos’ properties in Las Vegas.
- At June 30, 2012 WMS’ networked gaming products were installed at 98 casino properties in 16 countries around the world, on more than 1,900 gaming machines.
- Sharpened focus on WMS’ online, social, casual and mobile gaming products and services, to leverage the Company’s gaming content and resources to actively participate in the significant growth potential from the convergence of land-based casino gaming with interactive gaming distribution channels. In addition:
- Completed the acquisitions of Jadestone Group and Phantom EFX to accelerate interactive initiatives; and,
- Entered into a strategic alliance with 888 Holdings to pursue online poker initiatives in the U.S., including play-for-fun and real money applications when legally permitted, as well as other online casino applications and future opportunities.
WMS Reports Fiscal Fourth Quarter Revenue Of $196 Million And EPS Of $0.40 Per Diluted Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.