Caribou Coffee Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBOU), the second largest company-owned premium coffeehouse operator in the United States based on the number of coffeehouses, today reported financial results for the second quarter of 2012 (thirteen weeks ended July 1, 2012). The Company also adjusted its fiscal 2012 outlook.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE SECOND QUARTER OF 2012 INCLUDE:
- Comparable coffeehouse store sales increased 2.8%
- Net income attributable to Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. was $2.8 million, or $0.13 per diluted share compared to $4.4 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2011. The year-ago period was impacted by a tax benefit related to the reversal of a portion of our tax valuation allowance. Non-GAAP pro forma net income attributable to Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. in the second quarter of 2011 was $2.7 million, or $0.13 per diluted share (see non-GAAP reconciliation at the end of this release).
Speaking on behalf of the Company, Michael Tattersfield, the Company’s President and Chief Executive Officer commented, “We were pleased to have held pro forma net income steady compared to the prior year period in the face of coffee commodity cost pressure and a lower contribution from the Keurig single-serve platform. Growth in comparable coffeehouse sales has also now been extended to eleven consecutive quarters and benefited from our continued focus on product innovation. In addition we also reached a new franchise milestone of 100 international coffeehouses further demonstrating the extensive popularity of Caribou Coffee outside of the US.”
Tattersfield concluded, “Although our updated projections for Caribou-branded K-cups have led us to adjust our full year outlook, we view the dynamics affecting our single-serve business as temporary challenges and remain committed to strengthening our Green Mountain relationship. More importantly, the diversification afforded to us through our multi-channel model provides us numerous levers to achieve sustainable growth in sales and profitability over the long-term.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts