Non-GAAP loss per share for the second quarter of 2012 was $0.16, compared with a non-GAAP loss per share for the second quarter of 2011 of $0.10. For the six months ended June 30, 2012, non-GAAP loss per share was $0.33, compared with $0.15 per share for the first six months of 2011. Non-GAAP earnings (loss) per share is described below and reconciled to the GAAP measure net income (loss) attributable to Clean Energy.
On a GAAP basis, net loss for the second quarter of 2012 was $11.3 million, or $0.13 per share, and included a non-cash gain of $8.9 million related to the accounting treatment that requires Clean Energy to value its Series I warrants and mark them to market, a non-cash charge of $5.8 million related to stock-based compensation, and foreign currency losses of $0.5 million on its IMW purchase notes. This compares with a net loss for the second quarter of 2011 of $5.6 million, or $0.08 per share, which included a non-cash gain of $4.8 million related to marking to market the Series I warrants, $3.6 million of non-cash stock-based compensation charges , and foreign currency gains of $0.1 million on its IMW purchase notes.
Net loss for the six month period ended June 30, 2012, which included a non-cash charge of $4.6 million related to the valuation of the Series I warrants, non-cash stock-based compensation charges of $10.4 million, and foreign currency losses of $0.1 million on its IMW purchase notes, was $43.2 million, or $0.50 per share. This compares with a net loss for the six months ended June 30, 2011 of $15.4 million, or $0.22 per share, which included a non-cash gain for the Series I warrants of $1.5 million, non-cash stock-based compensation charges of $6.9 million, and a foreign currency gain of $0.5 million on its IMW purchase notes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV