BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich., Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling all cooks, foodies and those who just love to play in the kitchen! Del Webb communities across the nation are cooking up events this summer featuring KitchenAid prizes and culinary activities to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
The public is invited to enjoy food and fun at Cook for the Cure® events that will take place from July through October at nearly 30 of Del Webb's active adult communities. Each event will feature unique activities such as cooking demonstrations, food tastings from local dining establishments, raffles and prizes of KitchenAid products, live entertainment and more. Go to www.delwebb.com for details for each participating community event.
Last year, residents living in Del Webb communities raised more than $50,000 toward the fight against breast cancer, supporting a partnership with KitchenAid and Komen, which has raised more than $8 million in the past decade.
"Del Webb residents are armed with spatulas, blenders and good will as they welcome all to these fun events that benefit the Komen cause. It's a great opportunity to get a taste of the energy and camaraderie that exists every day at a Del Webb community," said
Deborah Meyer, chief marketing officer for Del Webb parent company, PulteGroup. "Many people know someone who has been affected by breast cancer, and these events at Del Webb communities are a meaningful and fun way to support the cause locally and be a part of the cure."
About Del Webb
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV