Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN) Vice President of International Business Development, Dr. Stephen Freeman, spoke recently with NASA Tech Briefs Editorial Director, Linda Bell, about the Company’s transformation into Materion and its wide range of advanced materials technologies. A podcast of the interview is available on the NASA Tech Briefs website at:
Dr. Freeman explained that the Company unified under the Materion brand to better capture synergies across its businesses. He noted that the Company’s materials engineering capabilities range from the atomic level of physics, through inorganic chemistry, ceramics and glass technologies all the way up to tonnage-scale metallurgy. “What makes us different is that we are not a commodity materials producer. Almost all of our materials are customized for the application,” he said.
Materion Corporation is headquartered in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, supplies highly engineered advanced enabling materials to global markets. Products include precious and non-precious specialty metals, inorganic chemicals and powders, specialty coatings, specialty engineered beryllium alloys, beryllium and beryllium composites, and engineered clad and plated metal systems.NASA Tech Briefs is a monthly magazine for OEM design/development engineers and managers featuring exclusive reports of innovations developed by NASA and its industry partners/contractors that can be applied to develop new/improved products and solve engineering or manufacturing problems. See www.techbriefs.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV