SALISBURY, N.C., Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With school officially back in session, Food Lion is inviting customers to help raise funds for the school of their choice by participating in the MVP Classroom Rewards program.
When customers shop with their MVP Cards, a portion of their grocery bills spent only on qualified store brand products is automatically credited to the shoppers' local school of choice. Donations up to $2,500 will be distributed three times per year to schools in January, May and September.
Qualified brands include my essentials, Healthy Accents, Home 360, Home 360 Baby, Home 360 Pet, Nature's Place, Taste of Inspirations and Butcher's Brand products.
"Food Lion is committed to supporting the local communities that we serve," said Maria Quant-Young, Food Lion community relations supervisor. "Last year, we donated more than $820,000 to schools through the Classroom Rewards program. We look forward to surpassing this amount during the 2012-2013 school year."To enroll, customers may visit www.foodlion.com to link their MVP cards to their favorite schools. About Food Lion Food Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG) and operates more than 1,100 supermarkets. The company employs approximately 57,000 associates delivering quality products, low prices and service to customers in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com. SOURCE Food Lion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV