Romney's Fundraising Leaps as Candidate Fumbles
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- After another impressive fundraising month, Mitt Romney finds himself exactly where he was before the summer began: second place.
Romney's campaign announced Monday it raised $101.3 million in July, while President Barack Obama's team tweeted it received more than $75 million last month.
"Americans are clearly looking for a change in the White House," said Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus. "While President Obama claims that his economic plan 'worked,' the American people know that his policies haven't worked and he has failed to fix our economy."
Yet national polls show Obama ahead of Romney, 47.7% to 44.3% according to an average tally
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV