Discover Financial Services Reaches New 52-Week High (DFS)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS) hit a new 52-week high Monday as it is currently trading at $36.61, above its previous 52-week high of $36.60 with 140,381 shares traded as of 9:45 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 4.8 million shares over the past 30 days. Discover Financial Services has a market cap of $18.16 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 48.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Discover Financial Services, a bank holding company, offers direct banking and payment services in the United States. It operates in two segments, Direct Banking and Payment Services. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.2, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV