LIVONIA, Mich., Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Valassis (NYSE: VCI), one of the nation's leading media and marketing services companies, announced today that Steve Carrington, Valassis Chief Information Officer, has been honored in Crain's Detroit Business Chief Information Officer (CIO) award program, recognizing the top technology executives in metro Detroit. Carrington was chosen for driving revenue and efficiencies.
"I am honored to be a part of Crain's inaugural CIO recognition program," said Carrington. "This award recognizes the hard work of the entire Valassis organization in achieving great results. Our Information Technology (IT) associates are the real heroes who make these great things happen. I am privileged to lead a great team of people and be a part of a great organization."
Under Carrington's leadership, Valassis has been the recipient of three innovation awards over the last two years, including InformationWeek's top 500 Innovators award in 2010 and 2011. In addition, Valassis was recently recognized by Alteryx, an IT and services company, as its most innovative customer in the use of their technology. Valassis has created more capabilities in-house and achieved more results, while simultaneously reducing its IT spend by 46% over the last four years.
Carrington has designed a highly effective organizational structure, created a high performing technology team, and utilized third-party providers more effectively than in the past. His team reduced cycle time from six weeks to less than five days for one of the company's most complex and transaction-intensive processes, which directly impacted revenue. The team has completed over 20 major projects in 2011 with a remarkable 94% success rate, compared to an estimated industry average of 35% success rate. Success was measured on meeting deadlines, adhering to budget and delivering the ROI identified at the beginning of each project.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV