Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation is pleased to announce the release of new assay results from its current deep drill program at the Buckreef Gold Project in Tanzania targeting the deep extension potential. These results are part of the ongoing drill program designed to determine the potential for expanding the size of the mineral resource estimate published in June 2011.
The results of the systematic drilling in the deep extension of Main zone and North zone demonstrate that this zone continues to deliver interesting results at depth as indicated below:
- Drill hole BMDD166 returned an interval of 7.66 metres at 5.56g/t gold, including 3 metres at 9.35g/t gold and a second zone of 7 metres grading 18.47g/t Au, including 3.5 metres at 35.54g/t Au and a third zone of 7 metres at 1.81g/t Au.
- Drill hole BMDD170 returned an interval of 8 metres grading 4.07g/t Au, including 3 metres at 7.91g/t Au and a second zone of 6.9 metres at 2.69g/t Au.
- Drill hole BMDD171 returned an interval of 30 metres grading 1.36g/t Au, including 1 meter at 5.02g/t Au and a second zone of 4 metres at 2.16g/t Au from 339m.
- Drill hole BMDD172 returned an interval of 10 metres grading 6.7g/t Au, including 4 metres at 14.47g/t Au from 315m.
- Drill hole BMDD174 returned an interval of 42.1 metres grading 3.23g/t Au, including 17 metres at 5.26g/t Au from 376m.
The intersection reported here is a core length and may not represent true width but the true width is estimated to be 50 – 60%.
The gold mineralization at the Buckreef is hosted in shear zones emplaced along the fine grained basaltic sequence, medium grained dolerite and strongly altered felsic porphyry units, associated with gold-bearing quartz-sericite-carbonate-pyrite alteration assemblages. The best gold grades are confined within brecciated and altered dolerite with felsic porphyry intercalation and grey quartz vein with fine disseminated pyrite.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV