- Net sales increased 4.2% to $40,186,000 from $38,564,000.
- Average weekly same store sales per restaurant increased by 4.2% on a quarter-to-quarter basis.
- Restaurant operating margins (1) increased to 10.5% from 7.4%.
- Income before income taxes increased to $313,000 in the second quarter of 2012 from $47,000 in the second quarter of 2011. Excluding pre-tax charges of approximately $900,000 recorded in the second quarter of 2012 related to the Company’s evaluation of strategic alternatives, including the execution of a definitive merger agreement for the sale of the Company as previously disclosed, and to a possible contested election of directors, income before income taxes was approximately $1,213,000.
- Net income increased to $221,000, or $.04 per diluted share, from $57,000, or $.01 per share, in the second quarter of 2011. Excluding the special charges in the second quarter of 2012 noted above which on an after tax basis were approximately $780,000, net income for the quarter was approximately $1,001,000, or $.16 per diluted share.
J. Alexander’s Corporation Reports Results For Second Quarter And First Half Of 2012 Fiscal Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.