HOUSTON, Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CenterPoint Energy Services, Inc. (CES), an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNP), has launched myTrueCost.com, an electric plan shopping website that allows millions of Texas electric consumers to compare plans from multiple providers and switch plans all in one place.
The free, user-friendly site uses a home's past electricity usage to help consumers find the right electric plan for the way they use electricity.
"Even after 10 years of competition, 40 percent of Houstonians don't take full advantage of competitive electric rates," said Eric Sullivan, division senior vice president for CES. "Comparing retail electric providers takes time and gets confusing, but myTrueCost.com can help consumers avoid the hassle."Since 2002, when most of the Texas electric market was restructured, Retail Electric Providers (REPs) have competed for customers by offering a variety of different pricing options and other incentives. CenterPoint Energy is not affiliated with any retail provider and offers free, unbiased analysis of various plans on the website. myTrueCost.com:
- Estimates the true monthly cost of electric plans – including fees and charges.
- Allows consumers to go beyond price and compare REPs based on customer ratings, green-energy content, deposit requirements and contract terms.
- Can use basic information about a consumer's residence to receive cost estimates based on an average-use profile if consumers are not interested in using their home's usage data.
- Is designed to work with smart meters, which are now installed at substantially all Houston-area homes. With consumer permission, the site can access usage data and calculate the cost of various plans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV