Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced its successful upgrade of the computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system at the York-Poquoson-Williamsburg (YCPW) Emergency Communications Center (ECC) in Va. The York County ECC is responsible for answering emergency calls from +65,000 York County residents plus more than 25,000 residents of Poquoson County and the City of Williamsburg as well as dispatching for the Sheriff’s Office, Department of Fire and Life Safety along with the police and fire departments for Poquoson and Williamsburg. The area is known as the Historic Triangle and has thousands of annual visitors.
With this next generation command and control solution, YCPW will be able to handle calls faster, allocate resources more efficiently and coordinate seamlessly with other departments and agencies.
- PremierOne CAD is a powerful, geographic information system (GIS)-driven incident management solution designed to streamline workflows, maximize information awareness and improve decision making. It quickly and intuitively correlates data based on location, type of incident, available resources and personnel, allowing call takers and dispatchers to more effectively manage the situation.
- The intuitive user interface optimizes crucial functionality while reducing complexity. It minimizes keystrokes and provides intelligent workflows that alert users, without interruption, to the availability of critical information.
- Designed with flexibility in mind, PremierOne is optimized for a multi-agency environment. An unlimited number of agencies can easily be co-located on the same platform to create a unified system, while still preserving intra-agency privacy and control.
- PremierOne CAD integrates with the Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG 9-1-1) phone system, ASTRO® 25 radio system, and mobile data terminals in the field, leveraging assets and technologies currently in use by York and Poquoson Counties and City of Williamsburg public safety first responders. As the agencies’ needs change, the system is scalable to support growth and expansion.
SUPPORTING QUOTESTerry Hall, Chief of Emergency Communications, York-Poquoson-Williamsburg Emergency Communications Center “PremierOne CAD will help dispatchers answer calls more quickly, send help faster, manage resources more efficiently and ultimately cut costs. Interoperability with other counties is crucial for us as we know the importance of a regional communications system for activities like disaster response.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV